Facts on Homeopathy
How effective is homeopathy? This issue still sparks scientific and philosophical discussions even today.
PEKANA has been on the market as a producer of homeopathic compounds since 40 years. A deep conviction connects and commits us to the great achievements of homeopathy, which is a part of naturopathy. According to Dr. Beyersdorff’s leading concept, spreading naturopathy is a purpose worth living for. We have compiled some important facts on the efficacy of homeopathy in the 21st century. Just form your own opinion and be inspired to learn more.
- > Homeopathy is a European therapeutic tradition, established more than 200 years ago.
- > 100 million Europeans benefit from homeopathy and employ homeopathic remedies.
- > 3 out of 4 Europeans know about homeopathy, 29% of them use it.
- > In Europe, 54,000 therapists have special homeopathic skills.
- > For many decades thousands of homeopathic remedies have been established in the European market. Due to the requirements of the official pharmacopoeias, the products generally are extremely low-risk and predominantly derived from natural substances.
- > The global turnover of homeopathic remedies is an estimated 2 billion Euros.
- > Homeopathic and anthroposophic remedies cover ca. 1% of the European market for pharmaceuticals and 7% of the European market for OTC pharmaceuticals. In the year 2005 this equaled a total of 1,711 million Euros (end consumer prices).
- > All homeopathic remedies on the market today have been comprehensively tested by the German Federal Agency for Drugs and Medicinal Products and approved accordingly by a registration or authorization number.
- > The manufacturing processes of companies that produce homeopathic remedies are subject to the same quality standards as companies that produce allopathic products.
- > Comprehensive testing, including heavy metals, pesticides, toxicology and determination of content are part of the quality assurance for homeopathic remedies.
- > Homeopathic remedies have continuously been administered for more than 200 years and therefore enable one of the longest application observations ever made.
- > The continually wrongly described ‘side effects’ are initial reactions. According to homeopathic theory, these present a short-time increase of already existing symptoms, which are part of the healing process.
- > Even today, Hahnemann′s ideas and thoughts have not lost any of their significance.